April 7, 2006

Around the World - A Food Meme

I have been tagged by Ashwini of Food for Thought and Sonali of Sugar, Spice & Everything Nicefor this one. Looks like fun and I hope it does the rounds well. I've been tagged once before but this is the first time I'm taking it forward.

1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try:
  • Moong Dal Chilla from Food for Thought. I was very happy to come across this recipe. The first time I tried these were when we had a long stay in a hotel in Mumbai a couple of years ago. I enjoyed them enormously and used to look forward to the Tuesday mornings when they served these in their breakfast buffet. It's certainly a dish that I would like to add to my current range of breakfast choices.

2. A foodblog in your vicinity:
  • I'm still very new, here in Dhaka and I have yet to find one in the immediate vicinity. Acutally, I usually never surf or check out sites based on their location. I think this is because when I first started surfing the www, everything was based in the US! The first two that I came to interact with through my listing at Indian Bloggers are
    1. My Dhaba run very efficiently by V K Narayan
    2. Anthony's Bachelor Cooking hosted by a very energetic and enthusiastic Anthony

3. A foodblog (or more) located far from you:

4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?):
  • Here's the long story for where i found them :D When i first put up my site, it was purely as an online personal recipe collection. Mainly for me and for friends and family. And then while surfing ( and I do a lot of that everyday not being otherwise gainfully employed :P ) I stumbled across Indian Bloggers. Actually desipundit listed one of my other blogs on their site and I noticed the Indian Bloggers chiclet for the first time there. I added a couple of mine to the list and then before I knew it, traffic increased, VKN got in touch with me and then Anthony listed one of the recipes on my site - Burmese Khao Suey and I was happy to share what I had with a wider audience. This lead to interacting with several food blogs which is a first for me :D and 3 that I would like to list here are
      1. Aayi's Recipe
      1. Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice
      1. Food for Thought and
5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?

I couldnt resist adding a little bit about memes.
  • "An Internet phenomenon (sometimes called an Internet meme) occurs when something relatively unknown becomes increasingly popular, often quite suddenly, through the mass propagation of media content made feasible by the Internet; however, the popularity of the phenomenon usually wanes as rapidly as it was acquired: the Internet's lack of physical boundaries leads to a much faster and wider spread of information and ideas, especially when the subject is based around humor or curiosity." Go to Wikipedia for more.

7 comments:

Canadian Baker said...

Ujwala - Thanks for tagging me and visiting my site. If you hadn't I wouldn't have discovered your great blog! :)

Admin said...

Thanks for the nice words Mme..

Ujwala Prabhu said...

your very welcome :D

Ashwini said...

Glad you played along this time :-)

Ujwala Prabhu said...

couldnt resist the invitations :P

Anonymous said...

dear ujwala,
Where are u? Waiting for your next post :).

Ujwala Prabhu said...

dear shilpa,
I'm dying to make my next post but sadly my recipe books are on their way and looks like they will be on their way for another couple of months!! plus i have a dial-up connection for the next few weeks so things are going real slooooow. consequently, i'm not being able to surf much either. dont give up on me. i'll be back soon.
best regds,
Ujwala