1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try:
- Hyderabadi Kachche Gosht ki Biryani from No, Sir, I dont just write 'love' stories. I've been drooling over this one for quite a while. Having been in transit for a while, I havent had the time to try it out.... as yet!
- Amerindian Spinach & Salmon from Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice. I've had something similar at my sisters home and since she is currently far away I hope to try my luck with this one as soon as we move to our own home. Dhaka has a great supply of fresh fish.
- Moong Dal Chilla from Food for Thought. I was very happy to come across this recipe. The first time I tried these were when we had a long stay in a hotel in Mumbai a couple of years ago. I enjoyed them enormously and used to look forward to the Tuesday mornings when they served these in their breakfast buffet. It's certainly a dish that I would like to add to my current range of breakfast choices.
2. A foodblog in your vicinity:
- I'm still very new, here in Dhaka and I have yet to find one in the immediate vicinity. Acutally, I usually never surf or check out sites based on their location. I think this is because when I first started surfing the www, everything was based in the US! The first two that I came to interact with through my listing at Indian Bloggers are
3. A foodblog (or more) located far from you:
- Route 79 (UK)
4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?):
- Here's the long story for where i found them :D When i first put up my site, it was purely as an online personal recipe collection. Mainly for me and for friends and family. And then while surfing ( and I do a lot of that everyday not being otherwise gainfully employed :P ) I stumbled across Indian Bloggers. Actually desipundit listed one of my other blogs on their site and I noticed the Indian Bloggers chiclet for the first time there. I added a couple of mine to the list and then before I knew it, traffic increased, VKN got in touch with me and then Anthony listed one of the recipes on my site - Burmese Khao Suey and I was happy to share what I had with a wider audience. This lead to interacting with several food blogs which is a first for me :D and 3 that I would like to list here are
I couldnt resist adding a little bit about memes.
- "An Internet phenomenon (sometimes called an Internet meme) occurs when something relatively unknown becomes increasingly popular, often quite suddenly, through the mass propagation of media content made feasible by the Internet; however, the popularity of the phenomenon usually wanes as rapidly as it was acquired: the Internet's lack of physical boundaries leads to a much faster and wider spread of information and ideas, especially when the subject is based around humor or curiosity." Go to Wikipedia for more.